Fixed Term Designation B
Designation B is available to instructors who have brought and are deemed likely to bring exceptional value to RCS programs through the quality of their teaching and other contributions. If approved, Designation B status would provide a three year appointment for the UNTF teaching portion of the assignment. UNTF bargaining unit members who wish to be considered for Designation B are invited to submit documentation that demonstrates that they meet the following criteria. Documentation should be submitted to Jennifer Tetreau (firstname.lastname@example.org) in B301 Wells Hall for Fall by September 30, 2018 and for Spring by January 31, 2019.
- A detailed statement of teaching philosophy that exemplifies how this philosophy is applied in the classroom and why it constitutes an innovative and effective teaching strategy;
- Consistently superior SIRS teaching evaluations;
- Detailed course syllabi that demonstrate course development and highlight innovative aspects of the applicant’s teaching methodology and any original contributions made to the planning of the course
- Consistently positive classroom observations;
- Evidence of participation in teaching-related professional development activities such as MSU CeLTA workshops;
- Current CV with evidence of teaching and related professional activities that may include: undergraduate and graduate teaching, methods of assessment, participation in high-impact co-curricular activities, honors options, undergraduate and graduate committees; academic advising or coordination; study abroad and other areas identified by the department.
Eligibility criteria and timelines are found in the UNTF contract.
College of Arts & Letters Fixed Term Designation B Review Guidelines
MSU Human Resources Fixed Term Designation B Review Guidelines
Union of Nontenure-Track Faculty Page on Designation B