Designation B is available to instructors who have brought and are deemed likely to bring exceptional value to RCS programs through the quality of their teaching and other contributions. If approved, Designation B status would provide a three year appointment for the UNTF teaching portion of the assignment. UNTF bargaining unit members who wish to be considered for Designation B are invited to submit documentation that demonstrates that they meet the following criteria. Documentation should be submitted to Carly Ensign firstname.lastname@example.org /B301 Wells Hall for Fall by September 30, 2015 and for Spring by January 29, 2016.
1. A detailed statement of teaching philosophy that exemplifies how this philosophy is applied in the classroom and why it constitutes an innovative and effective teaching strategy
2. Consistently superior SIRS teaching evaluations
3. Detailed course syllabi that demonstrate course development and highlight innovative aspects of the applicant’s teaching methodology and any original contributions made to the planning of the course
4. Consistently positive classroom observations
5. Evidence of participation in teaching-related professional development activities such as MSU CeLTA workshops.
6. Current CV with evidence of teaching and related professional activities that may include: undergraduate and graduate teaching, methods of assessment, participation in high-impact co-curricular activities, honors options, undergraduate and graduate committees; academic advising or coordination; study abroad and other areas identified by the department.
7. Eligibility criteria and timelines are found in the UNTF contract.
FAQs and forms are found at http://www.hr.msu.edu/hiring/facultyhiring/DesignationB_FAQ.htm.